Hey again, it’s another Monday, which means another inspiration and prompts post. I don’t really have much to say today, so I guess I’ll get on with it.
First of all, as always, is the setting inspiration. These are some that I found on the NaNoWriMo website, and I hope you find them useful!
1) The middle of a lively nighttime festival.
2) An herb garden on the roof of a building.
3) The Cliffs of Mesa Verde, in Colorado, U.S.A.
Next on the list are General Prompts.
1) What would you do if every tree you passed started whispering your name? [This can be about you or your character(s), whichever you choose.]
2) My Bonnie lies over the ocean . . . So bring back my Bonnie to me. You know the song — write the story behind it.
3) When a professional musician falters onstage, the entire audience notices. [I’m not sure why, but I really love this one.]
On to the title inspiration, from my ever-growing list of possibilities.
1) Further than the Stars [This one seems like it would be a good sci-fi title to me]
2) The Wind-Up Messenger
3) To Dust I Shall Return
Now, the character inspiration, which has been rather interesting to come up with.
1) Someone who collects keys for no good reason and always has bad breath.
2) A character who speaks several languages confidently, and uses them at every opportunity, but is painfully shy when speaking in their native tongue.
3) An old woman who is super giving and kind on the outside, but really does almost everything she does for praise and her own gain.
Finally, there is the picture inspiration. And here they are. [By the way, I got these from slideshare.net]
Turn one of your villains (major or minor) into an awkward but supportive friend for your protagonist(s).